To boost the presence and profile of Osaka/Kansai
- By hosting the G20 summit, Osaka will continue its growth as an international metropolis.
- Osaka/Kansai* will further enhance its global presence, thus helping the region in its bid to be selected as the host of the World Expo 2025.
* Osaka/Kansai: Osaka Prefecture and the greater Kansai region.
To attract MICE** events to Osaka/Kansai
- The G20 Osaka summit will be an excellent opportunity for Osaka/Kansai to appeal for future MICE** events.
** MICE stands for Meeting, Incentive Travel, Convention, Exhibition/Event.
To showcase a “Safe and secure Osaka/Kansai contributing to the world”
- Osaka/Kansai will promote its strengths which include life-science technology and high-quality manufacturing.
- Osaka/Kansai will provide a safe and secure environment for the G20 summit with fully prepared security.
To revitalize regional economies
- Osaka/Kansai will revitalize its regional economies and enhance its urban attractions.
Experience the best of Osaka/Kansai’s hospitality!
The entire Osaka/Kansai will extend a warm welcome to visitors from around the world.
Please note the followings:
- During the G20 summit, approximately 30,000 people are expected to visit Osaka, including delegations from each country, press and security personnel.
- “INTEX OSAKA” (Suminoe-ku, Osaka city) will be the main venue of the G20 Summit. Some inconveniences may arise due to traffic restrictions or other factors.